WOOD ZOOM WORKSHOPS
Introduction to woodturning
May 21 & 28, 2021 5:00-7:00 p.m. ET
Appropriate for all skill levels
Learn woodturning with a professional teacher/woodturner/woodworker. This interactive demonstration into the important elements of safe and successful woodturning starts with an introduction to the lathe and accessories. Participants will learn proper stance, machine set up and the proper use of a variety of tools. This class will focus on spindle and end grain turning. Learn the tricks to making a perfect cylinder, taper, pommel cut and how to reproduce shapes for your furniture or art projects. Whether you are someone who dabbles in woodturning, a beginner or someone with a spindle-oriented problem to resolve, this is the class for you!
- Participants must have the ZOOM video platform downloaded on a computer or phone. It’s easy! Download here.
- Participants must have reliable internet access and a computer or phone with sound recording and web-cam capabilities to participate.
- Check out the list of additional supplies you will need for this workshop here.
- Once registered, students will receive a video meeting code along with simple ZOOM instructions.
- Workshop fees are non-refundable but are transferable with a $25 fee.
- Features live demonstration and the ability to ask questions. Participants will also receive a recording of the demonstration to use for up to 30 days.
Beth Ireland earned her undergraduate degree from the State University College at Buffalo, and an MFA in sculpture from Massachusetts College of Art and Design. She has been running her company, Beth Ireland Woodworking since 1983. Her business provides woodworking with a specialization in architectural and artistic woodturning. Ireland has been involved in a traveling art/craft project entitled Turning Around America since 2010 and an instrument making project called strumfactory.com, since 2016, and has received three Windgate fellowships. She also teaches the Professional Woodturning Intensive at The Center for Furniture Craftsmanship. Beth lives and works in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
Add a Pocosin Arts Apron to Your Purchase!
Gear Up! Get a gorgeous new kelly green Pocosin Arts Apron with an adjustable strap and a large front pocket. Purchase includes shipping!