To Apply: Please email a resume, one page or less cover letter describing your interest in the position and your qualifications to [email protected]
No phone inquiries accepted.
Facilities and Administrative Assistant Summary–Full time position
- Provides a diverse range of routine general services support. May perform clerical services, basic maintenance, materials handling, custodial services, logistical support, customer services, and/or other related duties in accordance with day-to-day requirements.
- Performs various general office support; cataloging, answering phones, directing calls, gallery website updates and data entry.
- Maintains various supplies as appropriate to the needs of Pocosin Arts facilities and activities and coordinates purchase of these items.
- Interacts with guests and students as necessary to address customer service-related issues as appropriate to the position or refers the issue to other staff members.
- When guests or students are scheduled to stay in the lodge:
- Prepares, e.g., cleans, arranges, sets up, meeting space, kitchens, studios and other areas as necessary for incoming groups.
- Assembles linen/towels/soap packets for individual guests prior to check-in.
- Checks rooms, noting any problems or deficiencies, and completes a room check-out report following each room stay.
- Removes and disposes of items left by guests on kitchen shelves in the guest refrigerator after checkout.
- Maintains cleanliness of grounds and exterior facilities between scheduled service.
- Inventories and stores linen after delivery. (Clean, folded laundry is delivered by a 3d party vendor.)
- Performs routine, minor maintenance and assists maintenance personnel with larger projects as needed.
- Knows fire alarm response procedures and assists as needed in the event of an alarm activation.
- Other duties as assigned as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgments on routine procedural issues.
- Ability to maintain and control equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Photoshop and other computer applications.
Conditions of Employment
- Pocosin Arts is a drug and smoke free campus.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Considerable physical activity (more than 50%). The majority of the duties performed may require physical work, including regularly climbing, kneeling, pulling, reaching, and/or bending; handling objects up to 50 pounds.
- May require walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Pocosin Arts is an equal opportunity employer