Pottery & Clay Classes
Structured for students of all levels, classes give students the opportunity to learn new skills while improving existing skills and techniques. Open to students 18 years and up.
Have fun and learn the basics of making pottery!
Pottery Inspired by Nature
with James Webb
Four-Week ZOOM Course
Tuesdays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. ET
February 23- March 16, 2021
Learn how to create show-stopping pottery pieces with instructor James Webb! Students will learn how to slab-build with clay in this four-week virtual class by creating nature-inspired wares. Learn how to form and alter wet clay slabs into small and medium-sized dishes–dishes that look like leaves! Use vegetation around you to help create press molds into clay! Materials, firings, and underglazes are included, and no experience is necessary. All Levels.
- Includes four live and interactive virtual instruction sessions, class recordings and a materials kit,
- Materials kits can be picked up or shipped,
- One bisque and one glaze firing is included; students must be able to drop their work off in Manteo or Columbia to be fired,
- Participants must have reliable internet access and a web-cam to participate,
- Virtual class sessions will use ZOOM, a free video application. Download here!
- Basic tools can either be purchased from Pocosin Arts or purchased by the student prior to class. We recommend these basic tools.
- This class is for all skill levels.