Jewelry & Metals Classes
Structured for the beginner student with flexibility for more experienced metalsmiths. Classes gives students the opportunity to learn new skills while improving existing skills and techniques. Open to students 18 years and up.
Have fun and learn how to create your own jewelry and metalwork!
Mokume Gane Necklace
with Alexis Spina
Four-Week ZOOM Course
Mondays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. ET
February 22- March 15, 2021
In this class, participants will work with a variety of included materials to create a truly extraordinary necklace. Students will receive a piece of Mokume Gane, a Japanese metal fusing technique that results in beautifully patterned metal. The term translates loosely to “woodgrain metal” and describes a typical pattern. Through the exploration of chain making techniques including, cold connections, clasp making, and patinas, students will craft a one of a kind necklace with an eye-catching Mokume Gane element. All Levels.
- Includes four live and interactive virtual instruction sessions, class recordings and a materials kit,
- Materials kits can be picked up or shipped,
- Participants must have reliable internet access and a web-cam to participate,
- Virtual class sessions will use ZOOM, a free video application. Download here!
- Students are responsible for class tools. Loaner tool kits are available to local participants. Click here to view the suggested tool list.
- This class is for all skill levels.