Ware Juror: Doug Peltzman
Wear Juror: Kat Cole
This exhibition highlights the functionality of ceramics and metals. Ware/Wear will be exhibited at Southern Dreams Gallery in Columbia, NC, during Pocosin Arts winter workshop session, Cabin Fever Reliever, in February. Doug and Kat will not only be jurying the exhibition, they will also each be teaching a 4-day workshop during Cabin Fever Reliever.
Doug Peltzman “Let’s Make Pots”
Kat Cole “Painting In Glass”
Opening reception is to be held Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Online sales will go live Friday, February 23, 2018, noon.
Entry Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:59pm EST
(late submissions will not be accepted)
- Entry Deadline: Friday, January 5th, 2018, 11:59pm EST
- Open to U.S. and CANADIAN residents 18 and up.
- $25.00 for 3 Entries (entry fee payable online only).
- All items must be available for purchase.
- All sales are a 50/50 commission rate.
- Artist is responsible for all shipping costs – to and from the gallery at Pocosin Arts.
- Digital Images should be labeled with the artists last name, underscore, first letter of first name, and the entry #. (Example: John Smith would be smith_john1.jpg, smith_john2.jpg, smith_john3.jpg, etc.)
- Images must be:
- on a solid, preferably white, background
- well lit, in focus
- 300 DPI cropped into a square sized to 1000 x 1000.
- one detail of each entry is welcome and should be labeled as 1B, 2B, and 3B. See above.
- If accepted, the image you provide will be the image we use for online sales and promotions
- Applications should be completed PRIOR to submitting your entry fee. Late submissions and/or entry fees will not be accepted.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: WARE (for ceramics) & WEAR (for jewelry)
This email IS your application.
Each Application needs to include:
- Artist’s Name:
- Email address:
- Website, facebook and/or instagram:
- mailing address:
- cell phone number:
- a description of each image
Ceramic/Ware Description Guidelines
- All work submitted should be fully functional and all glazes must be food safe.
- Description of each image should include: title, type of clay, cone, kiln atmosphere, dimension, and price
- (i.e.) Entry #1. Mug. Porcelain with Celadon Glaze. Soda fired to Cone 3.5”h x 3.5”w.
- Email 3 images plus an optional detail image (6 images max) to email@example.com with the subject line: WARE
Jewelry/Wear Description Guidelines
- All work submitted should be fully functional (no jagged earring wires).
- Description of each image should include: title, materials, dimension (measure the size of one of the earrings), and price
- (i.e.) Entry #1. Blue Earrings. Sterling Silver, Blue Topaz. 1”h x .5”w.
- Email 3 images plus an optional detail image (6 images max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: WEAR
Email email@example.com or call (252) 796-2787